At its heart is a 12th Century Abbey, whose ruins epitomise the serenity of the valley, it is here that we offer two lovingly restored properties. Either an award winning medieval cottage in the hamlet of Llanthony, set in an acre of “wild” garden and skirted by the River Honduu, or just over a mile away, a farmhouse set in four acres.
Both are warm and welcoming to return to after a day walking or pony trekking in the hills, fishing, bird watching, or maybe browsing in the famous second hand bookshops at Hay-on-Wye.
- Llanthony, set in what is considered the loveliest valley in the Breacon Beacons National Park with the renowned ruined Augustinian Priory at it’s heart.
- No television, no phone “get away from it all” haven.
- Beams, flagged floors with under floor heating, log burning hearths, polished wood, flowers, pictures and patchwork.
- Wildlife garden with abundant birdlife and short stretch of trout fishing.
- Walks right from the doorstep, pony trekking in the hills or cycle riding.
- Both sleep 6, are Wales Tourist Board 4 star graded, with Welcome Host Gold award.
- Within a short drive there are many castles, churches, historic sites and museums, galleries and craft centres, markets, farm shops, vineyards, gardens to visit, canal boating, the theatre and falconry centre.
- We are 2½ hours from London.